The OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises and the Austrian National Contact Point
The OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises (OECD Guidelines) are the most comprehensive set of government-supported recommendations on responsible business conduct in existence today. 36 OECD countries and 12 other countries (Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Egypt, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Morocco, Peru, Romania, Tunisia, Ukraine) and the European Union have committed themselves under international law to promote and implement these principles and standards for responsible business conduct consistent with applicable laws and internationally recognised standards.
The Austrian National Contact Point
National Contact Points (NCPs) have been established in all adhering countries to offer dialogue and conciliation platforms on questions pertaining to the OECD Guidelines.
One of the central tasks of the Austrian National Contact Point (Austrian NCP) is to enhance the awareness and effectiveness of the OECD Guidelines. The exchange of experiences and cooperation with other NCPs should also be fostered. The Austrian NCP serves as a contact point for companies, civil society, other stakeholders, interested parties and other NCPs.
The Austrian NCP also offers a extrajudicial dispute resolution and conciliation platform on questions related to the application of the OECD Guidelines, in particular in the case of complaints (specific instances) against alleged breaches of the OECD Guidelines. By providing this platform, the Austrian NCP contributes to a solution of the raised issues in a manner that is impartial, predictable, equitable and compatible with the principles and standards of the OECD Guidelines.
Further information on the OECD Guidelines, the Austrian National Contact Point and the complaint procedure can be obtained at the Austrian National Contact Point based within the Federal Ministry for Digital and Economic Affairs:
Austrian NCP for the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises
Federal Ministry for Digital and Economic Affairs
Telephone: (+43) 1 711 00-805240 or 805050
Fax: (+43) 1 711 00-8045050
- Activities of the Austrian NCP
- Agreement in Xayaburi hydropower project in Lao PDR
- Annual reports of the Austrian National Contact Point
- Evolution of the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises
- Objectives and content of the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises
- Peer Review of the Austrian National Contact Point
- The complaint procedure at the Austrian National Contact Point (Austrian NCP)
- The Steering Committee of the Austrian National Contact Point
- OECD Guidelines for multinational Enterprises_(German Website)
- Terms of Reference of Austrian NCP en (PDF, 240kB)
- Terms of Reference of Austrian NCP_fr
- Leaflet OECD Guidelines (PDF, 774kB)
- The OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises (PDF, 1MB)
- Annual report 2018 of the Austrian NCP to the OECD (nicht barrierefrei, PDF, 922kB)
Department OECD, Sustainability: NCP-Austria@bmdw.gv.at